Health & Safety
The safety of your students is our top priority during your Pali Institute trip.
Learn more about our program and operating procedures:
- Pali Institute staff is chosen for their superior qualifications and experience. Staff undergo reference checks and background checks prior to their employment.
- Background checks include fingerprinting (Live Scan) checks, the same checks classroom teachers undergo.
- All staff members are First Aid and CPR certified and a Pali Institute nurse is on duty from 7:00am – 10:00pm while students are on site.
- Our site is gated with access restricted to known persons
- Institute staff are trained in the site safety procedures, covering a variety of potential incident so they are prepared to respond in an emergency
- Visiting students stay in heated cabins with bunk beds. Each cabin includes two or three private bathrooms with showers.
- Pali Institute utilizes an online paperwork system, parents can sign into the system and fill out all of our required paper work so teachers don’t have to collect and send any paper copies. (This paperwork is set up in both English and Spanish.)
- Pali Institute works hard to ensure that every student who wants to attend on a trip can. For students with specific medical or dietary needs, the parents can contact Pali Institute directly to help answer questions.
- Pali Institute’s Wellness Center has a licensed nurse on duty from 7:00am – 10:00pm while students are on site. We carry a supply of basic over-the-counter medications (cough medicine, Pepto Bismol, cough drops) and healthcare products like sunscreen and lip balm – all free for any kids who need them, with nurse and parent approval.
- Fire, Police, EMT – 3 miles away
- Mountains Community Hospital – 7 miles away
- Urgent Care – 12 miles away